The day that the world changed forever, I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing. I was 18 years old, still living at home and in my first semester of college. I was about to leave my house when I glanced at the TV and saw all of the commotion on the news. There was video footage of hundreds of people running out of their buildings and down the streets. Smoke had filled the sky when the first tower was hit. I sat watching in awe, unable to pull myself from the television. As soon as I was about to get up and head to class, the other tower was struck. Unbelievable! I remember starting to sob because I'd never seen such a thing. What was happening?! Why were all of these innocent people dying in NY? Still a mess, I headed to school to take my exam. The radio stations were going bananas the entire trip. Right as I had pulled into the parking spot, the school went on lock down- I raced home. The entire country was in a state of panic. Where were you when the world stopped turning?
6 comments:
I was at work and one of the IT guys got the news over his pager...then we all watched the buildings fall hours later on the TV in the deli downstairs. The weirdest thing was that I got a wrong number call on my work phone and the poor guy was so upset that I spent a few minutes talking to him before he called the right number. Then when I called to tell my mom she hardly believed me until she turned on the news. It was just completely out of the realm of possibility until it happened.
You'll probably be in that man's memories forever. You might have helped him get through that terrible day
I was substitute teaching. I was in a classroom full of 2nd graders & thankfully right next to my mom's classroom!! The school was on lockdown but we had to remain calm, so the kids wouldn't know what was going on. They had no idea if another major city would be attacked & knowing all of the important companies that are based here in GA, I remember being fearful that we could/would get hit :( Such a sad, scary day!! We will never forget where we were on that day!
I was at college (about to head to my Algebra class) and we were all in Washington Hall glued to the TV - watching in complete silence. Everyone was in total shock and I remember driving down the road with two of my girlfriends after it happened and we were calling our family just bawling...gives me chills just thinking about it.
I was in my dorm room with Mariann Davis.. We were about to go to class when our school went on lock down as we were by a military base in Warner Robbins. Very scary. I remember Mariann & I looking out up in the clouds to see if there were planes.. Still feels like yesterday. I cannot imagine how the familes of all the fallen feel.
I can't believe it's already been 10 years! I was a Senior at Harrison taking my Accounting test (which was a struggle), and my teacher went over and turned on to tv. At first I was slightly annoyed because I already knew I was bombing this test, but the tv was distracting. Then she turned it up, told us all we got 100 on the test and to stop taking it and watch the tv. I was shocked. I started to really panic because my dad was a Delta pilot and he was flying that day. He was actually in Las Vegas and got stuck there for 2 days because they grounded all planes. What a horrible day. IT still amazes me that there are such evil people in the world.
Post a Comment